Open Studios Day® 2023
We cordially invite you to enjoy moments of touch with beauty and to take a peek into the studios of the artists of the Bratislava Self-Governing Region during the Open Studios Day® – 23 September 2023
On Saturday, September 23, 2023 from 10.00 to 21. More than FIFTY ARTISTS from THIRTY EIGHT ATELIERIES, FIVE CREATIVE WORKSHOPS and TWELVE EXHIBITIONS within the Bratislava Region will open their creative spaces in Modra, Budmerice, Šenkvice, Vinično, Pezinok, Limbach, Svätý Jur, Bratislava, Rovinj, Stupava, Malacky, Kuchyně and Rohožník.
The Day of Open Studios is a unique opportunity for art lovers, amateur creators, as well as curious people to get to know the world in which both amateur and professional artists create, where they breathe, through their talent and from the depth of their spirit, the beauty of the matter, which is then displayed in galleries, interiors, or exteriors, or right in your home. This is a chance for you to have a short conversation with your favourite artists, exchange ideas and be inspired by each other.
The event is publicly supported by the Fund for the Support of the Arts.
– How to do it, you ask?
We hope that the September weather will continue to be pleasant and warm and you will be able to plan a tour of the studios and art workshops of artists based in the Bratislava region in advance without any worries, just remember the date – Saturday 23 September 2023.
– Where can you find open studios?
The directions to the studios of individual artists, their addresses and GPS, can be found in electronic form on the website of the Small Carpathian Enlightenment Centre in Modra, here is published an electronic map (also in A4 format for download and printing) with a list of individual artists and marked locations of their studios. Printed folding maps will be available at the beginning of September on the shelves of these institutions:
Municipal Information Centre Pezinok, M. R. Štefánika 1, Old Town Hall,
Svätý Jur Information Centre, Tourist Information and Art Gallery, Prostredná 64
Tourist Information Centre Modra, Štúrova 59
Tourist Information Centre Bratislava, Klobučnícka 2
Municipal Cultural Centre Senec, Námestie 1. May 2, 90301 Senec
Municipal Cultural and Information Centre Stupava, Agátová 9
Tourist Information Office, Záhorácka 1919, Malacky
Together with your family or friends, explore the DOA map and decide on the places that attract you the most. Maybe stay up a bit on this Saturday morning, if only to make your tour of the studios as varied as possible and to catch as many artists as possible from 10 am to 9 pm. The studios at that address will be marked with a painting easel with information
We wish you a safe journey and many adventures
Main partners of the event:
– The Open Studios Day is organized within the framework of the project “Cultural-Creative Revival of Traditions” (Heritage SK-AT), which is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund within the Interreg V-A Slovakia-Austria Cooperation Programme.
– Fund for the Support of the Arts – Supported from public funds by the Fund for the Support of the Arts
Organiser of the event:
– The Malocarpathian Enlightenment Centre in Modra is a contributory organisation with legal personality, whose founder since 1.4.2002 is the Bratislava Self-Governing Region. It is the only institution in the Bratislava Region with its mission to develop local and regional culture.
Partners of the event:
– National Enlightenment Centre, in.ba, Kultur Niederősterreich, Kulturvernetzung Niederősterreich
Location: Modra, Budmerice, Šenkvice, Viničné, Pezinok, Limbach, Svätý Jur, Bratislava, Rovinka, Stupava, Malacky, Kuchyňa, Rohožník
Date: Saturday, 23.09.2023
Start: 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Admission: free of charge
Find all tips for the THINGS TO DO IN BRATISLAVA.